Rhode Island and Bristol County MA
Apply For A New Career With Precision Door Service Today
Precision Garage Door is a national company with locations in over 30 states.
The Tri-State area (New York, New Jersey, Connecticut) is looking to develop new employees to become Home Service Technicians that are energetic, and looking for a career opportunity that involves working with your hands and interacting with new people every day
Garage Door Service Technician
We are seeking a technician to sell, repair, install, service and provide solutions for residential garage doors and openers.
Responsibilities & Requirements:
- diagnose problems and provide solutions for the customer
- educate customers on the options and benefits of our product offering
- perform on the spot service
- must be able to perform moderate to heavy physical labor in all weather conditions
- must be able to climb and work off of a step ladder
- provide the highest level of customer service
- must maintain safe work environment upon completion of work and ensure job site is clean and clear of debris
- good mechanical aptitude is important
- must be clean cut and have a professional appearance
- exceptional work ethic and strong attendance record
- willingness to learn and be part of a team
- must be able to pass Standard Drug Test and Criminal Background check
- must possess clean driving record and valid driver's license
- must have flexible schedule to meet customer's needs
- education requirements: H.S.diploma, GED and some college preferred
- an extensive 2-3 month training program which includes sales and technical training.
- a competitive compensation package with 1st year earning expectation of $50-75K
- a company provided fully stocked truck, tools, uniforms, shoes and safety equipment
- a benefits package, including paid time off
- career advancement
- weekday, weekend and evening hours.
- ongoing training
Our apprenticeship program is designed for developing new employees that have no experience in the industry. It is a paid program that typically is completed between 6 and 12 months, depending on the employee's ability to successfully pass different stages of competence.
Garage Door Apprentice Wages and Salary:
Garage Door apprentice wages for the 1st 1000 hours ( 6 months) are based on a percentage of a Journeyman technician's hourly pay. (Typically 50 to 60%.) The average lowest wage you could expect is around $10.00 per hour; the highest you could expect is over $14. This starting pay is determined based upon previous work experience, schooling level, and applicant's ability to complete the Pre-Job Video learning and test.
Pre-Job Video Learning:
Applicants interested in the apprenticeship program are required to watch 3, 45 minute videos at home before coming to one of our 4 tri-state locations to test for understanding of the material covered. Applicants can watch the videos as many times as they like but are only allowed to test on said material one time. Passing grade requires a score of at least 80 out of 100. Applicants are then drug, background checked, and required to pass a physical exam by one of our local doctors. Applicants able to pass these procedures are admitted to the program.
First 6 Months of Training:
In the first 6 months of training, new apprentices are exposed to both classroom and on the job experience traveling with Journeymen, Technicians, Certified Technicians, Lead Technicians and Installers.
Skills developed in the classroom are required to be performed under the guidance of one of these employees or trainers. Apprentices will progress at their own pace but must complete the requirements in no more than 1 year. Upon successful completion of the Apprenticeship, employees will graduate to 1st year Journeyman and be placed at one of our tri-state locations.
Once graduated to Journeyman, employees will begin seeing customers by themselves and will be bumped in salary. The Journeyman Program typically takes 2 to 3 years to complete. Salary for a new Journeyman starts at $18 per hour and can go up to $21 with hitting specified goals. A Journeyman will be involved in all aspects of the job, including door installs, door repairs, customer callbacks, and new door estimates. Journeymen successfully performing their job will be elevated to Technician or Installer.
Precision Door also offers:
- Paid time off
- 401K program
- Complete uniforms
- Complete set of 1st time tools
- Well maintained trucks and gas
- Ongoing training designed to move employees to next level
- Medical insurance
- Dental option